Sunday, June 26, 2011

1983 - Super-Villain Classics - Galactus the Origin


The Bob Layton cover caught my attention immediately, but it was the Kirby art within that blew me away. Despite the inking of Vince Colletta, which always seemed to water down his art, Kirby was at the top of his form during his late 60’s run on The Mighty Thor. Kirby’s art in this issue was so charged and packed full of raw, explosive energy.

This one-shot repackaged Galactus’ origin told in The Mighty Thor #160.

Mark Gruenwald, John Byrne, Ron Wilson, and Jack Abel were credited with providing supplemental material for this issue. I couldn’t see anything of Byrne’s that jumped out at me. On his message board, he stated the he added minor touches here and there.



 


7 comments:

  1. I had this one.

    Like the new look on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephen. Wanted to change things up a bit, looks a little more slick now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Site looks great! I prefer the old one because I could look at it at work and not draw as much attention but this does look slick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picked this up today thanks to this post. Appreciate the site, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picked this up today thanks to this post. Appreciate the site, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey jessikacast, glad you like the blog and that it was useful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the original. The color isn't as bright, tho.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails