Sunday, January 30, 2011

1986 - The Great God Giant War

Snagged from Simonson's Official Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/63ag7kz

"The God Giant War - Pen and Ink with Colors by Steve Oliff.

This was a double page spread published originally in the Marvel Age Annual (I presume for 1986). I have the original color version posted over in my Walter's Drawings Gallery. The Annual was essentially a promotional magazine for Marvel to preview upcoming events for the following year.

I never did the complete story; I left Thor before I could tell the tale. This double page spread is the only drawing I did based on the God Giant War. I always liked it and was sorry I was never able to do the story that went with it.

This is a newly colored version that will part of the bonus material to be including in Marvel's upcoming Thor Omnibus."

2 comments:

  1. this is just making me more and more excited to get my hands on that omnibus!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails