Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bob McLeod's Page 12 from X-Men Gold #1

Grabbed from Bob McLeod's Facebook page:


X-Men Gold #1 p12 2013
Chris had intended this to be a standard page with panels, but I imagined it as a splash page. I started with a small 3" thumbnail, because it was so complicated I thought I'd waste too much time making changes if I drew it full size. I then enlarged my thumbnail and made some changes when I lightboxed it, then inked it, and then someone colored it. I don't know the colorist's name yet.





5 comments:

  1. Great to see McLeod getting to draw some "official" mutant stuff again, but I gotta say: the colors kind of kill it for me, here. They seem very dark and muted. Love the finished inks, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that, looking forward to this book, I've been rereading Uncanny from Dark Phoenix to Days of Future Past through God Loves, Man Kills so the timing on this couldn't be better for me. Kory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third that! Growing up on a diet of black & white comics in the UK, 2000ad, Warrior, Commando, even Marvel's weekly reprints, I've always preferred b&w over color...still don't like the way Marvel colored the Captain Britain strip's for the Omnibus, obscuring a lot of the detail in Alan Davis's artwork.
    Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dean, Are you at all curious for the dust off of the 90s Marvel UK line in the upcoming Revolutionary War?
    Kory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kory, I missed out on the 90s stuff it's a bit after my time but I have been meaning to check out Knights of Pendragon & Death's Head from that period...if Marvel's got an event planned around these characters it seems like a perfect excuse for me to search out some reprints, so cheers for the heads up.
    Dean.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails