Monday, June 10, 2013

1985 - What if Byrne had continued on with Alpha Flight?

Came across this when I was reading through Comics Interview #25:

When ALPHA FLIGHT was announced the reaction was, ‘Oh, Gawd, another group book.’ And I said, ‘Okay, we’ll give you something different. This is not going to be a group book, this is going to be individual issues of their own titles.’ And they didn’t want it. The readers didn’t want it. Because of my particular frame of mind on the book, I couldn’t turn it into what they wanted. In fact before my decision to jump to THE HULK, I was planning to turn it into something even father from what they wanted. I wanted everybody to lose their powers permanently, turn it into a CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails