Thursday, March 1, 2012

1984 - September's ads


I remember loving this flick. It had all those great (and over the top) story elements. Catherine Mary Stewart as Maggie! And of course Robert Preston as a great mentor.


One day I'll get around to doing a post a few posts on Power Pack. Similarly for Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man, especially Peter David's Death of Jean DeWolffe!


I was never into console games back in the 80s, but I remember spending a lot of quarters on the Arcade game!

3 comments:

  1. The guy in the Star Wars ad has got some nasty boogers in that schnozz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Marvel House Ad really brings back memories for me. As a kid, I was one of those very luck few who happened to inherit a treasure trove of old comics (My uncle bought a house from a man who owned a magazine store. The house had tons of Marvel and DC comics from the 60s and 70s). So, I was pretty familiar with all the big heroes. Also, I would buy a new comic at the newsstand whenever my parents would pony up the fifty cents or so.

    However, I didn't start buying comics every week until I picked up those shown in the House Ad. Well, almost all of them. I skipped the Peter Parker, because of the black costume. In my mind, I had mistakenly thought that he must be the Earth-2 Spider-Man, because Spidey wore blue and red. As a result, I didn't buy it... until a few months later when I discovered my local comic shop (and that Earth-2 didn't apply to Marvel).

    Over 25 years later and I am still hooked on comics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rallenrader, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails