Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1984 - John Byrne's Fantastic Four poster

Had this lovely poster up on my wall as a kid for the longest time...


Love the Byrne puppet in the hands of the Puppet Master!

Here's my stab at Who's Who:

From top left to right:
Impossible Man (the balloon)
Tomazooma the Walking Totem Pole
Annihilus
Human Torch
Dragon Man
Reed Richards
Galactus
Silver Surfer
Sentry 459

(next row)
Watcher
Him (Adam Warlock)
Psycho-Man
The mysterious man from Fantastic Four #51 – This Man, This Monster
The Monster from the Lost Lagoon (and his mate) ???
The Monacle

(Starting back at the left)
Lockjaw
Triton
Maximus
Black Bolt
Medusa
Gorgon
Karnak
Crystal
Franklin Richards
Susan Richards
Torgo (FF #93)
Blastaar
Ronan the Accuser
Mad Thinker’s Android

(Starting back at the left again)
Agatha Harkness
Diablo
Sandman
Rama-Tut
Wizard
Trapster (Paste Pot Pete)
Klaw
Wyatt Wingfoot
Prester John
The Infant Terrible (FF #24)

(Starting back at the left again)
Quadimodo
Red Ghost and his Apes (Mikhlo, Igor, and Peotr)
Super Skrull
Hate Monger
Gideon (FF #34)
Miracle Man
Mad Thingker

(Starting back at the left, first row)
Willie Lumpkin (The FF’s postman)
Puppet Master
Mister Miracle
Skrulls
Alicia Masters
Thing
Mole Man and two of his Moloids
Black Panther
Namor
Doctor Doom
Attuma
Kurrgo, Master of Planet X (FF #7)

9 comments:

  1. heh, it's funny because alicia is still with ben in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this poster. Stared at it for ages on my bedroom wall. It's probably rolled up at my parents' house somewhere.

    It was my second poster. My first was also a Byrne: Alpha Flight, featuring seven members surrounding a gigantic Puck.

    But yes, this FF one was great. I could name everyone except about six people, which may have whiddled down to two or three by now...do you know if there's a who's who of it anywhere online?

    thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I couldn't identify the This Man This Monster guy, the Lost Lagoon couple or Prester John.

    It's crazy, I only just realized that was Him (and I'm a big Warlock fan). Boy, a lot of superheroes (and superhero titles) got their start in this 100-issue run, didn't they?

    One more guy I still can't identify: the little smoking bald guy behind Mole Man. Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey dhole, that guy is Gideon from FF#34.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me wish Marvel would re-release some of these old posters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is this poster worth ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had this poster in my freshman dorm room and loved it. Byrne was rocking hard back then.

    Yes, def another vote to re-issue this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found a box of ten of these still rolled up in plastic

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails